Tuesday, November 06, 2012

World War One Wednesday

Joseph Ambrose, an 86-year-old World War I veteran, attends the dedication day parade for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in 1982, holding the flag that covered the casket of his son, who was killed in the Korean War.

Veteran's Day is fast approaching. On Sunday, I'll be attending a Veteran's Day Memorial Service in Wasioja, MN. 

How do you plan to honor Veterans this Armistice Day?


A reminder to those in SE Minnesota. Following the 2 pm service in Wasioja on Sunday is the presentation of the WW1 Quilt at the Dodge County Historical Society Museum in Mantorville MN at 3:30. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the presentation of your WWI quilt, Erica. I hope you share photos. Actually, what I'd really like to see is a vlog post of the special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Your picture stopped me! I've seen this same one while searching for pictures of military and I LOVE it! I love our Veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be at your quilt dedication. I plan to do a journal page with the text of the poem "In Flanders Fields" My maternal grandfather was a WWI veteran and proud of his service to his new country

    ReplyDelete