Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Friday Five

We elves like to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.

This week's Friday Five is:

Five things I love about Christmas.

1. Candy Canes. Why don't we have this candy all year round?

2. Nativity sets. I have several, and I love them. Traditional, snow globe, quilted, even a set of little bears.

3. Candy Cane Cookies. Sugar cookies with almond flavoring, red food coloring in half the dough, then rolled and twisted and shaped to look like candy canes. I'm making some of these with my daughter when she gets home from college next week.

4. My daughter home from college and the whole family together. 

5. The Christmas Eve service at my church. My most favoritest service of the year. I look forward to it for weeks and months.

What are some of your favorite things about Christmas?

5 comments:

  1. I like watching our daughter's excitement as she helps us decorate, attending the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, watching Muppet Christmas Carol after we get home from the service, and the pretty cloth drawstring bags we used to wrap our gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good; as long as there are no expectations placed unreasonably so upon your pastor, he should do just fine and not suffer long, sleepless nights of inner turmoil pondering what could be done this year with a long-familiar story of great weight and meaning.

    On the other hand, he could have someone tell him, 'Just do what you did three years ago, because no one will remember it from then and they'll love what you do'

    That could happen, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the light. Like the decorations, but have to gear up for all the cleaning up before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas movies!
    Extended time with extended family.
    Snow (as long as it doesn't interfere with travels. :) )
    The Christmas Eve candlelight service.
    Sooooo many treats. :)
    Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE candy cane cookies. I mean, LOVE! And egg nog. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete