Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Prince of Peace

Nativity scene - adoration of the shepherds
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. (My previous comment was full of typos so I deleted it! My fingers think it's past my bedtime and they're right.)

    I always hear the strains of Handel's Messiah in my head when I read this verse. Thanks for reminding me of it, Erica. We so need the Prince of Peace to come into the chaos right now!

  3. My husband and I always read that verse and the chapter in Luke each Christmas. We will be praying for peace especially this year.