Sunday, December 09, 2012

The Tantalizing Ladies

This is a picture of a delightful group of ladies known as The Tantalizing Ladies Tea ~ A Christian Book Club Coterie. Yep, that's what they're called, and they are every bit as unique as their name.

They read A Bride Sews With Love in Needles, CA and invited me to visit them and have high tea.

My sister-in-law traveled with me, and we had a wonderful time! We all wore hats, and we partook of the most delicious and delicate treats, rich and aromatic tea, and lots of laughter and book-talk.

Speaking of aromatic, this group makes their own lotions, lip balms, granola, applesauce, tea towels, and a plethora of other crafts. They passed around their homemade soaps, and fragrances, and soon we were testing lotions and smelling things like ginger-lime and sugar-plum-fairy essence oils.

I came home with a huge gift bag of their wonderful crafts and sore cheeks from smiling and sore ribs from laughing at all the funny stories they told. My sister-in-law found that one of the ladies grew up only about a half mile from where she did, and they shared stories and compared notes on what they remember about SE Rochester back in the day.

One of the things I especially love about this group (this is the second time I've visited them, and they've also made me an honorary member by inviting me to be a member of their Facebook group) is the love they show to one another. They vary in age and occupation, but they are all such good friends. They make room for each other's enthusiasms and preferences, praise each other's skills, and celebrate and commiserate as required.

My church just re-started a book club, and we'll be meeting in January for the first time in awhile. I'm looking forward to it!

Are you part of a book club? If so, do you enjoy it? What are you reading? If not, have you thought about starting one?

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely group!!! And such a cute picture. I'm in awe of people's skills and creativity. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!

    I've never been part of an in-person book club, though it sounds like fun. One of those things on my "one day" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love book club visits. Sounds like you had a great time at this one, Erica. Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete