Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Friday Five

Elias Rosedahl of the Rochester Homeschool Defenders with a jump shot. 

We are deep in the heart of basketball season, and though it is a big commitment in time and travel, I love it!

So, this week's Friday Five is:

Five things I love about basketball.

1. The game clock only runs when the ball is actually in play. Did you know that when you watch the Super Bowl, the ball is actually in play for eleven minutes during the game? The rest of the time, the clock is winding while they set up, audible out of the play, put someone in motion, move the chains, etc.  But with basketball, you get non-stop action.

2. Buzzer-beaters. Wicked exciting.

3. Upsets. On any given night, any team can pull off a win.

4. The history. (Though this week I realized how old I'm getting when a teen I was talking to didn't know who Bill Walton is. I didn't have the heart to ask if he'd heard of Wilt Chamberlain.

5. The Jayhawks. :) Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk!!!! KU!

Do you like sports? Do you like basketball? Do your kids play sports? Did you play a sport?

3 comments:

  1. In my teens, I learned to play tennis. That was really more about the 20 yr old be still my heart tennis instructor, John. Thud. He sometimes gave me a ride home in his little green MG convertible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandpa was a big time bball player--in the hall of fame & all. Still need to check that out as it's not far from us.

    My hubby played in hs too. I did too. Captain of my team. ;-) But I wasn't destined for it.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like basketball and baseball, but not enough to really keep up with what's going on professionally. :) I like hockey!

    ReplyDelete