Monday, May 19, 2014

75% Frustration

Our patio project last summer. It's about 85% finished. :)

This past weekend, my husband was a little out of sorts, which is not at all like my even-keeled spouse. Though we got many things accomplished, including planting the last of the flowers in the new flowerbed,  and laying the last few blocks to complete that flowerbed, he seemed to be feeling the pressure to get stuff done.

When I asked what was wrong, he said it was because he had so many projects that seemed to be about 75% done, but none were finished. 

Which got me to thinking...I can totally relate! I hate not getting things DONE, having half-finished projects lying around. 

The current pebble in my mental shoe is a manuscript I started last fall that is sitting at about 2/3 of the way finished. I quit working on it to start a new project for NaNoWriMo, one that an editor was interested in, and I've never gotten back to it. So, my goal is to replot, rework, and to FINISH this story. It's entitled Trouble's Brewing (though the title will probably change) and it's set in a tea shop on St. Paul's historic Grand Avenue.

How are you with unfinished projects? Do they bother you, or are you okay with them? What is your current project?

2 comments:

  1. Dancing as fast as I can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth? You've just accomplished a big goal though. You get to celebrate. :)

      Delete