Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Memories


Yesterday was Mother's Day, and it was a lovely one here, in spite of the rain. The ladies of our church were treated to a Mother's Day breakfast cooked by the men of the church. It's an annual tradition, and we love it. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, juice, doughnuts, muffins, laughter, and fellowship.

The picture above is of President Woodrow Wilson, who is the man who signed the proclamation to make the second Sunday in May officially recognized as Mother's Day, 100 years ago. So, happy birthday, Mother's Day? 

What did you do for Mother's Day? Do you have any traditions?

4 comments:

  1. Now that I am no longer hosting Holy Days of Obligation, the new tradition is "I'm not cooking." Spent the day in the sun room, watching TV, making art, and eating Chinese food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know this about Woodrow Wilson. Interesting. This Mother's Day was different from what we usually do, but nice! A new tradition, maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our church men have made Mother's Day breakfast for the women for several years now, but we entirely forgot about it this year until we arrived for church and could smell the bacon!

    My hubby made us lunch, and I spent a few afternoon hours planting up the first of my hanging baskets and tubs. Our son and his wife invited us for dinner, and in the end the men did all the cooking. It was a superb meal and an all 'round lovely Mother's Day.

    Since I missed the breakfast, the only 'traditional' part this year was the planting. On the Saturday I always head for the Nursery to buy my bedding plants, and planting is my Mother's Day afternoon activity of choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, same wavelength Erica! ;)

    ReplyDelete